Skip to main content

Click "Archive" or "Labels" in the sidebar to browse reviews, or use the search bar to look for a specific title.


The 6 Worst Books I've Ever Read

Your book is bad, and you should feel bad.

I do not recommend these books.


Novels

Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac by Gabrielle Zevin
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

My first thoughts upon finishing this: This was the dumbest freaking book ever. The whole book was showing Naomi in bullshit romantic relationships and then right when she finally gets to being with "the one" the book frickin' ends. (Read full review)


Emergency Contact Emergency Contact by Mary H.K. Choi
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

This book had the worst start out of anything I've ever read, with chapter after chapter of girl-on-girl hate. The terribly clichéd main character acts as a secondary blow, and the high school level writing as a third just for those who remain barely hanging on. (Read full review)




Comic

Princess Princess Princess Princess by Katie O'Neill
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

This comic has absolutely zero value both as a story and in its failed attempt at trying to make some important points. (Read full review)





Manga

Can I Kiss You Every Day? Series Can I Kiss You Every Day? vol. 4 by Hatsuharu
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

Don’t read this series, it is bad. It’s about a guy who sexually and emotionally abuses a really dumb girl who’s too naïve to know that he’s even doing anything wrong. The problem is that this is presented as being romance. Started off being 2-3 stars and went downhill from there. (Read vol. 4 review) or (Read vol. 1 review)


Monster Musume Vol. 1 Monster Musume Vol. 1 by OKAYADO
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

I have three problems with this book: The story is shit, the characters are shit, and the nudity is way too obnoxious. (Read full review)



Tenjo Tenge, Vol. 6 Tenjo Tenge, Vol. 6 by Oh! Great
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

I honestly have no idea what happened in these volumes. It was literally filled to the brim with overlaid thought bubbles of characters philosophising about shit like frickin’ samurai spirit, what constitutes a real warrior, the nature of life itself. Holy freaking shit, I DON’T CARE. This whole series is pretty not-great. (Read vol. 6 review) or (Read vol. 1 review)


Honorable Mentions


My Hero Academia: Vigilantes, Vol. 1 My Hero Academia: Vigilantes, Vol. 1 by Hideyuki Furuhashi
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

If you shut your brain off and just read it for the thrills and detective aspects of it then you'll have an entertaining and fun read. Heck, even I mostly enjoyed myself while reading it. It's just that if you turn your brain back on during or after reading it, you'll realize it's actually pretty shit. (Read full review)


Fire Force Series Fire Force, Vol. 1 by Atsushi Ohkubo
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Unfortunate, but this was an extremely mediocre, cliché and unoriginal first volume. Hm... Reminds me of another series... (Read full review)



BLACK TORCH 1 BLACK TORCH 1 by Tsuyoshi Takaki
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

To sum up this series: It’s a mediocre story that we’ve already seen hundreds of times before, but its saving grace is its extremely appealing art style. The ONLY reason I didn’t drop this series after the first chapter or two was because the art kept pulling me back. It’s just so so so nice to look at… (Read full review)



Comments

Popular Posts

Review: The Show Must Go On

The Show Must Go On by Kate Karyus Quinn My rating: 4 of 5 stars Because lucky me, even though I am 100 percent talking out of my ass, it turns out my ass is a secret genius. Wow. The Show Must Go On was surprisingly great. And by “great” I mean that this is very likely the best romance I’ve ever experienced (including books, movies, tv, etc.). It was also filled to the brim with funny lines like the one above, so for the first time in my life I found myself constantly laughing-out-loud while reading a book. But… then the ending happened… and it left me feeling insanely disappointed, which is what knocked a whole star off of my rating. Will actually walks over to [the bookshelf], like he's unable to resist the siren call of literature. Obviously, despite losing the glasses, his nerd instincts are still strong. First and foremost, since it doesn’t look like there are any reviews by people who have ever read Quinn before, I just want to st

Review: Scarlet

Scarlet by Marissa Meyer My rating: 5 of 5 stars Scarlet Benoit by Lizgigler on DeviantArt Wooooo yeeaaahhhhh Scaarlett!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This was loads better than Cinder. Mostly because of Scarlet and Wolf, heheheh. Cinder’s POVs were always just like whatever, but when it went back to Scarlet that’s when the party started. It was also great because Scarlet’s POVs were loongg and Cinder’s were shoort. No beef against Cinder as a character, she know she my homegirl, but her POV is just not the most interesting all the time. I had really low hopes going into this book two of the Lunar Chronicles, mostly because of the fiasco that was Cinder. Okay I’m being way too hard on Cinder. I liked it. It was good… you know just a basic three star book. BUT SCARLET ON THE OTHER HAND. MMMH. Wonderful. Scarlet was tons of fun. This book had way better twists and turns and was overall just more enjoyable than Cinder. I don’t think I necessarily liked Scarl

Review: ROBOT×LASERBEAM 1

ROBOT×LASERBEAM 1 by Tadatoshi Fujimaki My rating: 3 of 5 stars When I first heard of this series, this is the first thing I wrote down in my notes: "Well this manga has got to have the worst title I have ever seen in my life. Also: Boo, golf." All that being said, I was still excited for this series because I had trust in Tadatoshi Fujimaki's ability to write a good sports manga, having been the author behind Kuroko's Basketball and all. Well, this manga's not bad. Or boring. It's good. It's just that there's not much that's really good or interesting or exciting about it. Yet. It's about a seemingly autistic high school aged kid named Robato (nicknamed Robo because of his mechanical qualities and apparent lack of emotions). Because of reasons that are explained later in the volume, he has absolute accuracy when shooting golf balls, and they fly so perfectly and straight that they resemble laserbeams .