Skip to main content

Click "Archive" or "Labels" in the sidebar to browse reviews, or use the search bar to look for a specific title.


Review: My Hero Academia, Vol. 3

My Hero Academia, Vol. 3 My Hero Academia, Vol. 3 by Kohei Horikoshi
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

10/10 series, everything to be said has already been said in past reviews.

I’m so fricken hype for the anime you have no idea. I’m just sad because I’m quite sure the anime is going to surpass the volumes that are out in English, as I would have liked to have read all the manga before seeing it animated. By counting the calendar I’ve deduced that by the time the next volume is released (August 2nd, 2016) the anime would have aired 18 episodes. Now, I don’t know if it’s even going to have 18 episodes in the first run, but either way I’m *pretty* certain that it will pass the content in these four volumes by then. Sigh, I was hoping that the next volume would be out earlier during the airing of the anime so it could supply me with some last minute content before they aired it.

*EDIT!!!!*
I was terribly confused when I wrote this review! For some reason I was under the impression this is the fourth book, so August 2nd is actually the release for the fifth book! The fourth book comes out May 3rd which is fantastic! There will only be five episodes out by then which means there might actually be a chance to get last second new content! Either that or we'll be able to read what we just saw aired. Who knows! Either way this is exciting.


Read all of my My Hero Academia Reviews:
✪ Volumes 1-10: 1 | 2 | 3* | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
✪ Volumes 11-20
✪ My Hero Academia: Vigilantes

*Current review


View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts

Review: Bitter Witness: Otto Dix and the Great War

Bitter Witness: Otto Dix and the Great War by Linda F. McGreevy My rating: 0 of 5 stars This is a very unique and interesting academic text. There are no other examinations of the German artist Otto Dix, his war experience, and his war-related art that are quite as in-depth as this one, while also covering a wide range of different aspects and angles of not only the artist's story, but also the Great War's. I used this as a source for a University research essay I wrote on the effects of Dix's war experience on the creation and effects of his painting Skat Players (1920). I was very late in starting my research so I unfortunately had to stick to only reading the information I could use for my own examination, rather than being able to devour this book in its entirety. However, the library requires this book be returned at the end of January of next year, so I have some time now to actually finish this book since the semester has finished...

Review: The Art of the Adventures of Tintin

The Art of the Adventures of Tintin by Chris Guise My rating: 5 of 5 stars The Art of The Adventures of Tintin was even better than I could have ever dreamed. This is my first "Art of" book, and I kind of knew what I was getting into but I was still surprised. I didn't even mean to start reading this when I started reading this. We were given an assignment in art class to design a poster for the school play and I really had no ideas. I remembered that these "Art of" books are full of concept art so I decided to flip through this one. Well, next thing I knew I wasn't just flipping through it, I was completely engrossed in it. I flipped to the first page and started properly reading it. This book was a good reading experience. Right off the bat Chris Guise lets the reader know that he's not going to bombard you with text, that he's gonna let the art do most of the talking and he's going to make the best "Ar...

Review: Jared's Quest: An Unfortunate Fairy Tale Short Story

Jared's Quest: An Unfortunate Fairy Tale Short Story by Chanda Hahn My rating: 5 of 5 stars Oh my god this was sooo great. I really want to give this five stars just because it was soo sooo soo soooooo enjoyable but let’s face it, this is NOT on the same level as like, Catcher in the Rye or some other REAL five star book. So I’ll give it 4.5/5 stars. I’ve read my good share of companion novellas. What really sucks is when the novella doesn’t seem necessary (Cough, Four , cough, Fairest ). Even if it’s enjoyable I just can’t fully enjoy it if it doesn’t actually add something to the main story or give me a substantial amount of information. But hey guess what? Jared’s Quest was not only an awesome read, but it also dishes out a butt-ton of information! This really is a must read for lovers of the Unfortunate Fairytale series. I definitely think you must read this at least after reading Reign and NO SOONER (even though it’s set between books 1 ...