Miki Falls, Volume 1: Spring by Mark Crilley My rating: 4 of 5 stars I can’t lie, I did not have very high expectations going into this book. That’s probably because I always can’t help but fear the worst whenever I read something written by someone I’m familiar with, whether it be a friend, an author whose book(s) I’ve read before, or in this case, someone whose YouTube videos I had begun watching in grade 5. Those videos are the reason I bought this series, but I’ve been apprehensive to read them for a while now for the aforementioned reason, and also because this is Crilley’s first manga venture and I knew that the art was going to be a bit… Off. I can’t say that I was wrong about the art, but as for the rest of the book I was happily surprised. The concept of this book is along the lines of things I’ve read millions of times before, however it has been twisted on its head and I found myself liking it a lot. In the past, I've complained about ...
Comments
Post a Comment